Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Oh MAN

Dudes! The weird noise is back.

I was sound asleep and dreaming about going to a ballgame when I was jolted awake at 5:30 this morning by a loud noise. Except instead of sounding like a radio, like before, this time it sounded more like what I imagine it would sound like to stand next to a power plant or a hydroelectric dam. Kind of a "whhmmmmmWHHMMMMMMwhhmmmmmmm."

Almost like a hum that kept changing in pitch. And it would get louder, then softer, then louder again.

It sounded like it was coming from the hillside across the creek. I could only hear it on the side of the house that faces that way. But when I left for work, I couldn't hear it outside at all. Of course, it was raining pretty good out by then*, so that could've masked the sound.

WTF? I know we talked before about what it could possibly be, i.e., auditory hallucinations, radio transmissions, etc. I just hope to hell I don't hear it again tomorrow morning, because I NEED MY SLEEP. Jeez.





*Let's not talk about the flood watch on for today, shall we? LALALALALA not talking about it at all ...

2 comments:

Rob said...

Well, it seems to me that if that noise keeps up, you're just going to have to start getting up at 5:00 a.m. so you can beat it to the punch.

Seriously, it's probably the Martians building their tripod death machines from the cylinders that landed overnight. I think you have more to worry about than a mere flood.

rockygrace said...

Hahahaha, Rob, that's what I was thinking - the aliens have landed in the park!

I was all prepared this morning - last night I dug around until I found some earplugs and my white noise machine - but all was quiet. Which is a good thing.