Friday, December 10, 2010

Is it just me, or ...

First off , there is TOO a Freaky Friday! Scroll down, peeps!

Second: It's snowing outside! At this time of year I still like to watch snow fall; it has a certain novelty to it - Hey, snow! Haven't seen you in a while! You're looking very pretty, I must say!By March, I'll be ready to scream at every flake.



Now, let me expose for you a few of my little "quirks" *cough*. Because I'm wondering if I'm only one who does this shit ...



1. After a concerted push the last two nights, all gifts that have to be shipped are now on their way, and all Christmas cards are in the mail. (It's still not too late if you want a card! Email me! rockycat24(AT)yahoo(DOT)com!) And here's where I get into trouble: Christmas is still two weeks away, and I'm all done, meaning I will have to fight MIGHTILY not to just keep shopping. Because honestly? Christmas is the one time of the year when the pursestrings get loosened and money gets spent on things wanted, not needed*. For the love of Pete, somebody keep me out of that antiques store!



2. "O Holy Night" is one of my favorite Christmas carols. That whole "fall on your knees" thing just slays me, the idea of something being so awe-inspiring that it drops you to your knees. But every single time this song runs through my head (which is A LOT, this time of year), I think of it as "O Holy Shit". I don't think there's any hope of this changing any time soon.



3. I am re-thinking the whole "tip-your-paperboy" thing this year. I was GLAD to do it when the carrier was one of the neighbor kids, but now that it's some dude on a motor route who was late with the paper THREE TIMES this last week, well ...



4. Ditto the mailman. I mean, come on, he doesn't even have to get out of that little truck, and he keeps delivering stuff addressed to the previous owner, which, COME ON, dude, it's been a year and a half! Get with the program!



5. I keep finding excuses not to do my Jillian Michaels workout. Last night, I shit you not, I was doing the jumping jacks, and the ornaments were bouncing around on the tree from the earthquake caused by my exertions, and I was all, "WELL! OBviously I cannot work out again until after Christmas! I'm BOTHERING the TREE!" Lame.

6. Now dish: What's your quirks?







*Freaky Friday-type items are a NEED, not a WANT, at any time of year. SHUT IT.

3 comments:

~~Silk said...

Regarding tipping the mailman - see http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061215065025AAjsG45.

They are not allowed, by law, to accept money of any amount in any form, and small gifts should be kept well under $20. Cookies are good.

Anonymous said...

That's interesting about the law. I didn't even know until this past summer that people tipped their mail carriers. Weird. I'm not going to tip someone I don't ever see (we have a security mailbox with about 30 other residents).

I have the same quirk about buying stuff this time of year. Technically, all the stuff I have to buy for other people is bought, but I can't help but go out and buy more crap for myself. I try to channel that energy by finding a charity I can buy things for. I did this with school supplies one year because I cannot for the life of me pass a back-to-school aisle without squealing with joy over things like pencils and glue.

Here's a weird quirk of mine: I'm really self-conscious about my hair. Before I go into a bathroom, I always do something quick to my hair, so if it looks bad, I can say, "It's because I just messed it up, but I'm sure it's been looking great all day."

rockygrace said...

Yum ... cookies!

And Kate, I love that quirk.