Tuesday, December 14, 2010

To buy or not to buy

Okay, so I'm posting like crazy today, so try to keep up, okay? :)

Remember, back a few posts ago, now I explained that I have a really bad habit of finishing up my Christmas shopping and then just ... keeping shopping?

It's happening again.

Big Lots has this giant cat condo/tree thing on sale for EIGHTY-EIGHT bucks.

I went to check it out at lunchtime, even though the closest Big Lots to my office is skeevy and awful and occupies some weird level of shopping HELL, and the cat tree is ...

... really nice. Well-built and sturdy and HUGE (it's taller than I am) with three napping levels, and it's even Made! In! America!, which means it's probably the only thing in the entire STORE that's made in America, with the possible exception of some of the employees

but

my cats already HAVE a cat tree. Granted it's old (a hand-me-down from a former neighbor) and kind of worse-for-wear and a little tippy, but The Runt looooooves his cat tree.

And what if I get the NEW cat tree and the cats don't like it?

WHAT THEN???

Eighty-eight bucks down the ol' drain, that's what!

But I already shorted them out of their window seats, so surely a new cat tree is a reasonable purchase, right? RIGHT?

Oh, the dilemma.


You guys know me. I'm really, really good at justifying purchases, especially at this time of year.
So help me! Post a comment on whether I should buy the condo/tree or not.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say buy it and send the old one to a shelter (after you've seen if The Runt likes it). Of course, I'm not exactly a good influence on impulse buys...

BTW, I got your card! Thanks!

Rob said...

Skip the cat tree and buy more toilet paper. You'll thank me during that next bout of diarrhea.

~~Silk said...

No. You don't need it. The cats don't need it. They like the one they have.

Badass Nature Girl said...

I agree with Kate.....buy the new one, but don't get rid of the old one until you know it will be accepted :o)