Monday, December 27, 2010

Guess what I got for Chrismas!

... a summons for jury duty!



hahahahahahahahaha



Like it wasn't sucky enough that I had to work on Christmas Eve, when I got home there was a cuddly little jury duty summons waiting in the mailbox.



Sheesh.



Oh! But on the way home I saw a bald eagle, so THAT was pretty cool. He was in a tree by the side of the river, chowing down on a big ol' fish.



In other news, I found out over the weekend that a couple of weeks ago, my niece drank her way into the hospital, again. I should probably differentiate, here, seeing as how I have TWO nieces with drinking problems. The one with alcohol-induced pancreatitis I'll call drunk-blond-niece; the one with two DWIs in two years I'll call drunk-brunette-niece. Just to keep them straight.



I don't know about you guys, but I'm about ready for the holidays to be over. What's left? New Year's? Okay, let's hit it and get it, and onward toward spring.




3 comments:

rockygrace said...

Oh, and Blogger spell-check is telling me that "pancreatitis" should be spelled "Negritudes". Really? Somehow I doubt it.

Rob said...

I hope you'll be picked for an interesting case ... like tax evasion or bank fraud. People kill to get those gigs.

rockygrace said...

Ha, Rob, just shoot me now. I'll have to take toothpicks to keep my eyes open.

Actually, it's for my local small-town court, which, I don't even KNOW what kind of cases they try in tinytown. Shoplifting? DWI? Ya got me.