Friday, December 03, 2010

Lavender

Okay, first off, yes there will be a Freaky Friday up here at some point today, and I'm probably going to wander into a dissertation on "Santa Claus is Coming to Town: The Cartoon" before that, but first let's talk about lavender.

Wait, let's talk just a little about "Santa Claus" first. So, the mailman is explaining the chronological history of Santa to the little kids, and he explains that the foundling who became Santa was found with a little tag reading "Claus" (how convenient!), so that was his last name, Claus, and one of the little kids pipes up and says, "But why do they call him Santa? Because he's good?"

"Ex-ACTLY!" the mailman smugly says, and the plotline moves on.

Huh?

Okay, I get that "Santa" means "saint" in spanish, and I guess you could equate "saint" with "good". Or maybe "saint" means "good", literally? But then why not just call him "Good Claus"? Where the hell does Spain (or, you know, Mexico) come into the picture?

I'm confused.

But anyway, I'll get back to the Santa Claus cartoon later. Today's burning question is: Why does lavender make me have crazy dreams?

A while back, I was having trouble sleeping, and somebody (one of you, maybe?) suggested lavender. And somewhere I heard that if you rub lavender on your feet before you go to bed, you'll sleep like a baby. So I bought some lavender moisturizer, and rubbed it on my feet, and ... I had the weirdest dreams I've ever had IN MY LIFE. At first I thought it was a coincidence, but it's not. Every blessed time I use that moisturizer before bed, I have kookoo-for-coconuts dreams.

Maybe Santa knows why. Being a saint and all.

4 comments:

Rob said...

Next time, try skipping the peyote consumption along with the laying on of lavender moisturizer on your footsies.

Your dreams should return to normal :)

Anonymous said...

That makes me want to try this lavender business. I love having crazy dreams as long as they aren't scary. Maybe your dreams are always nutty, but you're just now experiencing them because you're spending more time in REM sleep?

Badass Nature Girl said...

Interesting!!!! I have strange, crazy, weird dreams all of the time! I would recommend putting the lotion some where else on your body for awhile, and see if the dreams continue. The feet and hands, from a reflexology stand point, coincide with our organs and various parts of the body. Maybe there is some thing in the lotion that isn't agreeing with your body, maybe it is not neccessarily the lavender scent itself? Especially if it is not a natural form of lavender scent, but a synthetic one. Or maybe it's just the area you're putting it on?

rockygrace said...

Great theories, guys!