Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The mysterious case of the shrinking toilet paper

Okay, so I've used Quilted Northern toilet paper for ... well, for as long as I can remember. TMI? Sorry. I do have a point. Lately, I was noticing that it seemed like I was buying toilet paper a lot more often.

And when I finally started keeping track of HOW often I was buying toilet paper (because I have nothing better to do with my time, OBviously), I discovered that I was buying a four-roll-pack of toilet paper ...

... once a week.

Whaaaaaaaa? Peeps, I live alone. It's just me. HOW ON EARTH COULD I BE GOING THROUGH A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER EVERY OTHER DAY? I mean, it's not like the cats are using it or anything. And it's not like I've got any sort of ... health problem or something that would make me go through more toilet paper.

I actually started to worry that there was something wrong with me, like I had some rare condition that caused me to sleepwalk to the bathroom in the middle of the night and ... I don't know, stuff paper into the toilet or something.

Hahahahaha sorry about THAT little mental image. I'll bet you're sorry you started reading this post now, aren't you?

ANYhoo, I had to consult with Google this morning, because, COME ON, toilet paper isn't exactly CHEAP, and I discovered that

it's not just me.

Oh, man, at least now I know that I don't have some weird sleepwalking disease or something.

What a relief!

Oh, and I'm now accepting toilet paper recommendations. Any brands out there that last more than a-roll-every-other-day? And that aren't, you know ... scratchy?

Inquiring minds want to know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I buy my TP in the giant packages (12 double rolls or something like that), and I have multiple bathrooms and multiple people using it, so it's hard for me to keep track of how much I use. Having said that, I use QN a lot, but I also alternate with Charmin and Angel Soft, and I've never found them to be scratchy or unpleasant in any way. Currently, I'm using a eco-friendly TP from Trader Joe's, which I thought would be uncomfortable, but it's just fine.

rockygrace said...

Oh my God, Kate, is Charmin the one with the ads with the bears with toilet paper hanging off their butts? 'Cause I think I'd have to take a pass on that, just on general principle.

~~Silk said...

I noticed a while ago that the hole in the middle of the rolls has been gradually getting bigger and bigger.

Now THAT'S sneaky!

Alice said...

ha! i spend so little time actually AT my house between work / boyfriend / after work visiting with friends that i feel as though i hardly ever buy TP. i do spring for something 2-ply and extra soft, though. my bum gets a pretty hefty vote in these matters.

Badass Nature Girl said...

We use Angel Soft here, it's only one of a few that I am not allergic to (don't ask.) Keep in mind though that there's four of us here, all in various ages and bladder/kidney function, and we go through 12 double rolls=24 rolls in 2 weeks....and some times we run out before that.

I do like to buy a more eco-friendly one that I can't remember the name of right now (helpful, I know), but hubby complains that it's too rough. I don't have any issues with it though.