Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Maybe I really AM sleepwalking to the bathroom

I woke up in the middle of the night last night because my big toe was killing me. KILLING ME. I fell back asleep and woke up a couple of hours later still in pain. I stumbled to the bathroom, downed a couple of Advil, and went back to bed.

I woke up this morning, and that toe feels just exactly like it's broken.

Whaaaaaa?

Please don't tell me it's possible to break a toe in your sleep.

I got no other explanation. Yes, I've been exercising, but I didn't have a major exercise malfunction involving my TOE. I haven't even STUBBED the damn thing lately.

And yet here I am, stumbling around the office like a drunken sailor, because THE TOE. IT HUUUURRRRRTTTTSSSS.

The mystery of the broken toe. Hmmmm.

4 comments:

~~Silk said...

Gout! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gout

Badass Nature Girl said...

Silks thought was the same one I had! I hurt my big toe doing bellydancing awhile back....you weren't getting up and bellydancing in your sleep were you?

Danger said...

I've seen this on another blog. I hear osteomyelitis is going around teh internets: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2009/07/am-i-going-to-die.html

rockygrace said...

Oh, THIS is good news! I've either got a disease that went out of style in the eighteen hundreds, or I'm about to die from some weird-ass blood infection. I think we can safely remove belly-dancing from the equation.

If I'm not here tomorrow, you'll know what happened. Well, you've got a fifty-fifty shot, at least.