Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Survey SAYS ...

Okay, so we had two yeas and two nays, so that means ...



... you should SEE what's in the back of my car!



Seriously, I am more than a little abashed at spending this kind of money on a cat tree. But I knew the old tree wasn't going to last forever, and to buy this kind of thing in a pet store would cost easily TWICE what Big Lots was asking, and {justify justify justify}



man, I'm lame.



But anyhoo, because I am apparently incapable of doing anything without making a big proDUCtion out of it, I had to turn this into a GREAT BIG THING.



I didn't want to go back to the FIRST Big Lots, the one I went to yesterday, because like I said, it is skeevy, and it's impossible to find an employee to actually HELP you with anything there. But! There is ANOTHER Big Lots on the other side of town, so I went to that one. Where they didn't have the cat tree in question. Nope. Not at all. And they were sure there weren't any in the back, nope, and NO they couldn't order one, and NO.



So. Back to the skeevy Big Lots. Where they had one of the cat trees on display, and I was assuming (ahahahahahahaaaaaa) that they had more in the back, in, like, BOXES, which I could load into my car, take home, and assemble.



When I finally managed to corral an employee, she informed me that nope, that one on the floor was the ONLY ONE they had. But they would be glad to sell it to me! All six feet and several levels of it!



"You got a truck?" she asked, as she loaded it onto a wheelie-thingie.



Um, no. I do not have a truck.



Two Big Lots employees, one wrenched knee, and much cursing later, the cat tree is in the back of my wagon.



And how I'm ever gonna get it out of there, God only knows.



Oh! And provided I DO ever get it in the house, the old tree will definitely be going to a shelter, if they want it. And if The Runt DOES decide he can't part with the old one, the new one will go in the spare room, because I do plan on fostering again, and when I do, the fosters will be staying in there.



See that? I can turn an ordinary shopping expedition into a several-day, angst-ridden, drama-filled extravaganza.



I think there's something wrong with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cat shelter where I got Kira was in dire need of cat accessories. It's Stray Haven in Waverly. I'm sure they'd take the old one off your hands if no one closer wants it. BTW, I ended up ordering our kitty condo online because all the stores around here only sold them pre-put-together and our cars are too small. You'd think it would be in the store's best interest to have one on display and then have the rest in boxes, but what do I know?