Monday, December 20, 2010

I guess she's forgiven me over the whole "pizza allergy" thing

My neighbor T. invited me over for coffee and cookies last night. My other neighbor, L., was there, along with a couple of their friends whom I had not yet met.



One of their friends made a comment about remembering something that had happened when FDR was president, and I laughed, thinking she was making a joke about her age.


She wasn't kidding.



Folks, this lady is in her NINETIES, and she still lives on her own in the family farmhouse, drives everyplace (her son just bought her a new car), and mows her several-acre lawn. She was talking last night about the books she's reading, and the lawn ornaments that she decorates for every holiday, and how she really needs to take her car to the car wash.



Man, if I can age as gracefully as this woman has, let me at it. It doesn't look so bad, if you can do it her way.

No comments: