Thursday, December 02, 2010

Our Little Felon

So! The big news around the Thanksgiving table this year was that my sister Ditzy's daughter S. just got her second DWI.


In three years.


Oh, and not ONLY was she driving drunk, she was speeding at the time.


Oy.


Have fun at the Big House, little girl.


It cost Ditzy a cool grand to bail her out of jail, which, personally? If it was me? I would've let her sit there. The lawyer wants twenty-five hundred up front, to try to keep her ass out of the pokey. And because she refused the Breathalyzer, she's automatically lost her license for a year.


You know what? Maybe she should lose her license permanently. Obviously, she is unable to restrain herself from drinking and driving; therefore, the state should make that decision for her and pull her license for good. Or at least for a good long time.


Oh! And Ditzy (her mother; my sister) was mining the situation for sympathy. She was all, "How will she get to work? She was going to move to Poughkeepsie! How will she do that now?"


Well, she won't do that now, is the answer. She ain't getting any sympathy from me. Drinking AND speeding?! She could've killed someone.


Dipshit.

8 comments:

~~Silk said...

Hmmm. If this prevents her move to Poughkeepsie, she may have lucked out.

~~Silk said...

(... On the other hand, maybe she and Poughkeepsie would get along just fine.)

rockygrace said...

Well, actually she was moving to Poughkeepsie for a boy who's in grad school up there.

I don't know that there's any boy in the world who could get me to move to Poughkeepsie ...

rockygrace said...

Oh! and I wonder how grad school boy is going to feel about dating a felon ...

Badass Nature Girl said...

I completely agree with you! I have no tolerance for people who drink and drive AND do it repeatedly to boot. I don't want to sound the way I know this going to come across, but in my experience with people like this, there is always an enabler some where in the picture. This one seems to be your sister. We can't be our kids' best friends, we have to be their parent and some times that means letting them sit their arse in jail when they're stupid.

Fish Food said...

I so agree with BNG on this.

I would have been parting with no $ at all for the bail or lawyer; she would indeed be sitting on her arse in jail!

Unknown said...

Grad School Boy likes to date a party girl when she's a long distance away fun time. Alcoholism gets much less "fun" and "cute" when it moves into your apartment. And Poughkeepsie -- which one of my Spanish friends pronounces adorably as Poh-KEEP-sees -- just complicates the matter further.

Girl needs to grow up and dry out. Not necessarily in that order.

rockygrace said...

Bridgett, yeah, she ran right over the edge of "cute" as far as the drinking goes - time to sober up.