Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend Update: Good News/Bad News Edition

The good news is, I got the lawn mowed on Saturday.

The bad news is, it took me half the damn day to get the mower started. Next time it pulls this shit, I'm gonna set it on fire.


The good news is, I discovered where the bees are coming from.


The bad news is, I discovered it when I ran over their ground nest with the lawn mower and was swarmed by yellowjackets. Those stings hurt. Anybody know where I can buy some napalm?


The good news is, after having the plumbing worked on, the washer is no longer leaking out of the stand pipe.


The bad news is, now it's leaking someplace closer to the floor.


The good news is, I didn't have to water the garden this weekend.

The bad news is, that's because it started raining buckets on Saturday night and has not yet stopped.


I think I'm just going to write this past weekend off and move on. How was your weekend?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was at a lake. In a small cottage. Sleeping (or creaking restlessly, more like) on a hideabed. In the rain. With my in-laws.

I win the pity party!

rockygrace said...

That actually didn't sound half-bad until you got to the in-laws.

Badass Nature Girl said...

EESH! Mine was better than yours by a long shot. Spent $200 on two pairs of orthopedic shoes for my youngest, got some more school supplies, cleaned house, lounged around like a domestic Goddess. Okay, maybe not that last one.

BTW, we used Hot Shot natural wasp and hornet spray on the yellowjackets building here and not only did it take care of those, but no more have come back since and it's been over a month now.

Hope you get it all worked out!

Anonymous said...

My weekend: hung out with friends, saw Bob Dylan in concert, might have gotten a little contact high from said concert, and stressed out over my first day back at school. No bees or rain or plumbers for me.

I hope next weekend you get a do-over.