Tuesday, July 27, 2010

and then that happened ....

Okay, so I was going to do the Cat Food Smackdown today, but then I realized that I STILL haven't talked about what I did on my time off, and if I wait any longer it's going to be ancient history, so let's talk about that.

Honestly, I think possibly the best part of my time off was re-watching the MST3K episode skewering "The Painted Hills", featuring Lassie as Shep. Pile On Pete?! Whaaat......

Sorry, you kind of had to be there.

Oh yeah, and I ate the first ripe tomato off the first tomato plant I have ever grown, ever. And there is a squash-like protuberance coming from the squash plant, which I am pretty sure is a .... squash.

I did get a couple of the window frames scraped and painted, although not as many as I wanted to, thanks to the goddam motherf*cking BEES which kept dive bombing and, in one instance, STINGING me every time I climbed up the ladder.

Bees, I am the one who delayed mowing the freaking lawn so you could get more quality time with the clover. You may want to re-think your hostility.



Oh, and I found a great big clump of daylilies in the park which I helped to relocate to my garden. Note to police: These were not daylilies which had been planted by park staff. These were daylilies carried in by the flood and deposited in an area scheduled for clearing. Ahem.

There was a lot of stuff I WAS doing to get done that I just ... didn't .... quite.... get around to. In my defense, it was in the upper eighties and humid all week, and two of the five days I got called in to the office, and ....

Nah. No excuses. I mostly did a whole lot of nothing that week.

Which was kind of the point. And a little prescient, given the craziness that followed. Guys, you will not even believe this: The car broke down AGAIN last night. This time it's something with the brakes. AND when I got home, my refrigerator was busily endeavoring to freeze everything solid. Aces!

I need some more time off.

2 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

okay, one subject at a time...

Bees: Are you sure there isn't a nest of them some where in your yard?

Your shit luck: Have you always had it or did it start when you moved into that house?

I can't wait to hear about the cat food......

rockygrace said...

The bees tend to hang out along the roof line, but I haven't found a hive anywhere.

And the shit luck seems to be a relatively recent development, so I'm hoping it'll turn around soon. And as long as it's things that can be fixed with money, and not, like, cancer or something, heck, I can deal.