Monday, July 26, 2010

Rainy Sunday



That's The Runt on the left, and Little Girl on the right, and yeah, that's usually about as far as I get with making the bed before I lose interest. (click on the pic to embiggen, if you need even more proof of my lack of housekeeping skills.)

After several days on steroids, The Runt is showing marked improvement. He now goes to every-other-day with the pills, and we take it from there. It is just so nice to see him laying there all peaceful and sleepy, instead of scratching/licking/digdigdigging.

As usual, I've got a ton to talk about, first of which is an update on this situation.


My friend called me last night, explaining that she'd been noodling around on line yesterday, decided to check in to my blog to see how The Runt was doing, and, KAPOW!

She said that she had no idea how much I actually made, but had just assumed that because I'd been with the same company for so long, I was making much more than I actually was. She said she would never have said what she did if she knew the actual numbers.

It meant a lot that she would call to explain once she found out how upset I was about the whole thing. Apology accepted!

Coming soon: Blacktop Watch! and, Cat Food Smackdown! oh, and ohmygod, DO NOT let me forget to tell you the pizza allergy story, in which I make an absolute ass out of myself!

Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Fish Food said...

I am so glad that she did that. I suspected that there would be a misunderstanding somewhere!

Phew!

Badass Nature Girl said...

Very happy it worked out with your friend!

Anonymous said...

Why is it that everyone's house always looks awesome and mine sucks? Like, yeah, your bed isn't made all the way, but the whole scene just looks peaceful and homey and cozy. I see pictures of other people's houses where they have plants all over and it looks all fresh and homey, but every time I've had a plant, it just looks messy and eventually, dead.

Heather said...

That is really great that the runt is feeling better AND that your friend is still your friend.

rockygrace said...

Trust me, Kate, I could show you parts of my house that are NOT pretty, or homey, or cozy. Like the ENTIRE spare bedroom, which STILL has boxes in it from the move. The move I did a YEAR ago. Heh.