Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blacktop Watch: Day Eight

(If you're late to the game, I told my neighbors that they could park in my driveway while theirs was being redone. The workers finished up eight days ago.)


I'm beginning to wonder if they're waiting for the blacktop guy to come back and take down the rope and the little advertising sign that he strung across their driveway.


I feel like going over there and staging an intervention: "It's okay! You can take down the rope yourselves! He's not coming back for it!"


The other possibility is that something went horribly wrong at the batch plant that morning and my neighbors are now stuck with a driveway full of never-setting blacktop.


Time to set up those parking meters. I wonder where you buy them?

5 comments:

Fish Food said...

Look what I found: http://www.ionet.net/~luttrell/buyone.html

I think that you're going to have to speak to them! Not ideal, is it?

Holly said...

not if the rope just... disappears.

Anonymous said...

I think Holly's on to something! Do it!

Heather said...

It is a sad world we live in that a simple kindness turns into being taken advantage of.
Holly has the right idea!

rockygrace said...

Oh boy, you guys are going to get me in trouble, aren't you?