Wednesday, July 07, 2010

FML

So! Back a few months ago, I had to dump over eight hundred bucks into the car. (Timing belt, idler pulley, water pump.)

Then the lawn mower quit. A hundred bucks. Then the cat got sick. Three hundred bucks. Then the toilet exploded. Four hundred bucks. Oh, and over the past weekend, a light fixture stopped working and a puddle formed on the garage floor when I did the laundry.

So I wasn't exactly surprised when, at lunchtime yesterday, a coworker came into the office and asked if I knew there was a gigantic puddle of antifreeze underneath my car.

Shit. SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT I cannot AFFORD any more of this.

Oh, and my boss, from whom I usually get rides when my car's in the shop? His car's in the shop, too.

Which meant that I needed to RENT A F*CKING CAR while my car's in the garage. Oh, and Enterprise? You need to hire somebody to answer your phone. For reals. I cannot rent a car from you if you don't answer the phone. And Hertz? You need to stop advertising free pickup and delivery if you won't, actually, pick up and deliver for free. "Take a cab!", you told me. No. No thanks.


So when I finally found a car rental place that would rent me a car and come pick me up, they informed me that I would need proof of insurance. Which was in my car, which is at the garage, up on the lift.


*sigh*

So I call my insurance agent, who assures me that he will fax me over proof of insurance right away. In his case, "right away" meant "not today". Thanks, Allstate! You SUCK. So I walk BACK to the garage (thankfully, it's just a couple blocks from the office), grab the insurance cards, get driven over to the rental place, and ......

...... it's the second day at her new job for the gal behind the counter. It took me FORTY-FIVE F*CKING MINUTES to rent a f*cking Hyundai.

And WHO KNOWS how much it's going to cost to fix the radiator leak? Any guesses? On second thought, I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.

Excuse me while I go crouch in the corner and cry. And then break things.

Because apparently, breaking things is my goddam SPECIALTY.







*rant over*

6 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

Oh my luv! How I feel for you!!! I want to know who's been playing baseball with the planets and has knocked them all out of alignment?! The same thing has been going on here, one thing breaking after another and I've done nothing but cry for a week (my whacked out hormones are good for something, I guess!) I don't know if you are a hug kind of person, but it's all I can offer you--virtual ones, anyway. <>

Rob said...

Zounds! Your day was even suckier than mine! But take solace in knowing that you have hit rock bottom. Maybe.

Fish Food said...

It can only get better!

rockygrace said...

Thanks for the hugs, BNG!

And yeah, Rob and Fish Food, I'm hoping things start looking up. Actually, the garage called late yesterday and it looks like it's just a cracked hose, which means I *could* get out of this for under a hundred bucks.

Which would be a miracle.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! I would definately be in that corner crying. Geez that is alot to deal with. I feel for ya. It does seem to all happen at once, hopefully things will start to lighten up.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car said...

Sorry for any frustration, we'd like to address this further but need more info. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your full name and the exact location you were trying to reach.

When emailing please list reference #100712-001682 in the subject line.

- Elizabeth with Enterprise Rent-A-Car