Thursday, July 01, 2010

Best neighbor ever? You be the judge

So, I was out mowing last night, and my neighbor L came over to give me an update about my other neighbor, T, who had been in the hospital.

And we chatted for a little bit, and I went back to my mowing, and AN HOUR LATER, when I was FINALLY done with the lawn, I had just gone inside to clean up, and there was a knock on the side door.

"RockyCat! RockyCat!*"

It was my neighbor L, back again, bearing a plate of dinner for me! And a cold beer!

"I thought you could use it after mowing that lawn!", she said.

I love my neighbors.



Oh! Oh! And how did she react to the House of Strange, you ask? (We've chatted plenty in the yard, but last night was the first time she'd spent any time IN the house.) Well, the display of deer bones took her a little aback, but other than that, she didn't seem too discomfited by my decorating scheme, and stayed to have a beer with me.

Hmmmm. Maybe I'm not a weird as I think.


Oh! And in other news, the lilies are blooming:







(Full disclosure: That's a pic from last year, at the old place. But the lilies made the move with me, and they are thriving in the new garden.)

These lilies smell just like bubblegum. I cut a bloom off last night and floated it in a dish in the kitchen, and now my whole house smells like Bubblelicious. Yum!




*not my real name. obv.

3 comments:

Fish Food said...

Fantastic neighbour! Wish I had that one.

Also glad to hear that your lillies are flourishing. Mine died even though I didn't move them an inch!

Badass Nature Girl said...

Holy Cow! Can your neighbor make the rounds over to my place??? I'll be mowing tomorrow, most likely. I push-mow my lawn for 1.5-2 hours, with a face turning purple-ish red and I could keel over from heat stroke and my neighbors wouldn't do a darn thing (even though when they moved in, I took them a gingerbread cheesecake, and when they needed eggs or a pencil sharpner for the kids to do homework, I gladly gave them)! I am nearly dumb-struck that neighbors still do that for eachother, but think it's totally awesome! And btw, there's nothing wrong with deer antlers! I myself have a cow skull, a stuffed deer, bobcat, several fish and other body parts from animals in my living room. Room of horrors to some, I suppose.

Heather said...

That is a great neighbor! I want one!

Naw, your not that weird!

Those lilies are beautiful! The bubble gum flavor would drive me to the store!

Bummer! I totally thought that was your real name! LOL!