Monday, August 16, 2010

The weekend in pics

Little Girl, getting ready for her closeup:






I'm ready, Mr. DeMille:





Froggie went a'courtin', he did ride, mmm-hmmmm, mmm-hmmmm:




Water snake sticking out its tongue:



Mama deer with a spotted fawn:




She actually had twins, but I couldn't get them all in the frame together.


You guys, I went to a tent sale at a local garden center on Saturday, and they had this gorgeous birdbath, with a mosaic tile inset of a koi fish and a lily pad, and it was marked down to twenty-five bucks, and I was going to buy it, but I wanted to look at some other stuff real quick, and some lady had the NERVE to buy it before I could! And thinking about it later, I was SO MAD I was literally stamping my feet, all, "that was MY birdbath, dammit!" Grrrrr. It was the LAST ONE they had, too. Dammit. I almost went after the lady in the parking lot, to see if she'd take thirty for it, but that's just crazytalk.

So I went shopping yesterday for a birdbath. BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE DENIED. I didn't find one like the one that got away, though. So if anybody knows of where I can buy a birdbath with a mosaic tile inset of a koi fish and a lily pad, let me know, okay?

4 comments:

Fish Food said...

Fabulous photos! Especially the snake and its tongue!

Unknown said...

There's one for sale on Etsy for $129 plus $30odd dollars shipping, but it looks very nice. Google all the words you'd guess would turn it up -- bird bath mosaic tile koi lily -- and there she'll be

rockygrace said...

That one's actually not as purty as the one that got away. *sigh* But thanks for the help!

Unknown said...

Ask the garden store where they ordered it. Maybe you could have them special order it for you or at least give you the mfg name.