Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Chapter Twelve, in which I alienate my remaining readers

Warning: Discussion of gross medical symptoms, coming up!

I mean it!

You've been warned!

Okay, so Monday at work, the inside of my forearm started itching. I looked down, and there was a raised red area about a half inch long by an inch-and-a-half wide. By yesterday, little teeny-tiny blisters were forming. By today, the area was starting to get, well, {upcoming grossness YOU'VE BEEN WARNED} crusty, and when I accidentally-totally-on-purpose scratched some of the crust off, yellow-ish liquid came out.

WTF?

Am I dying? Have aliens laid eggs in my skin? Am I contagious?! Come'ere, lemme give ya a hug.

I had to go to my doctor today for something totally unrelated*, and she took a look at it and thought it looked like an allergic reaction. I think it looks like a really pissed-off spider crawled up my sleeve and fanged me up.

Any ideas?



*annual lady-parts check-up. GOD.

9 comments:

Holly said...

I had that very thing happen when I was 16, after swimming in sewage-contaminated dock water. It was impetigo. Gross and easily vanquished. I'm not askaired of you and your grody rash - look, I am rubbing my arm on the monitor, even.

also: pics or it didn't happen

the queen said...

1) Did YOU get lube?
2) It is poison ivy.

~~Silk said...

I just read up on impetigo. Can be serious. Sounds like you need a dermatologist, STAT.

(Word Verification = "bedshin". Cute. Which reminds me - you may want to cover the rash until you find out what it is, and change your sheets to prevent spreading it.)

Fish Food said...

No idea what that is but not grossed out or alienated!

Some germolene would probably get it sorted out, and no, I don't mean the haemorroid option. I trust it for everything!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germolene

Hope it gets better soon.

rockygrace said...

Holly Jane, no pics. No.

Queen: Hah! Yes! I got lube! And metal. :(

~~Silk and Fish Food, I'm off to google impetigo. And Germolene. Because I woke up this morning with two new spots, on my leg. Grrrrrrossssss.

Pickles and Dimes said...

If it's a spider bite, I expect you to have super powers now.

rockygrace said...

Bring on the superpowers!

I'll take "incredibly rich". That's a superpower, right?

Badass Nature Girl said...

My son had impetigo at one time, and it's a pain to deal with. It also sounds other things too though...like some one else mentioned, poison ivy, it could be contact dermatitis, eczema, etc. The hard part is, a lot of rashes look alike, so it really would be best to have a derm check it out. Hope it gets better soon!

Heather said...

I'm no help, but I hope it clears up soon.