Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I live in the sticks

News item from today's local paper:

"Backhoe runs over man in (Local) County; buckets of marijuana found."

I'm a little curious about the "buckets of marijuana" thing - I mean, why would you have bucketfuls of pot? Don't you usually keep it in baggies? Unless maybe it's harvest time. Or maybe they were growing the pot in buckets? Hmmm.

Reminds me of the time, years ago, when a local teacher called the police because his house had been broken into. Trouble is, he neglected to get rid of the many, many pot plants he had growing in the backyard before the cops showed up to investigate the break-in.

He doesn't teach school anymore. Last I knew, he was working as an x-ray tech, which, come to think of it, probably pays as much as being a teacher, so all's well that ends well, right?


Be sure to scroll down to find out if the electrician showed up!

1 comment:

Heather said...

That is sad and hilarious!!