Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dudes. Duuuu-uuuu-uuuudes.



They. had. one. more.





Following Bridgett's excellent suggestion in the comments, I went back to the garden store last night to see if I could find out the name of the manufacturer, even though I knew there was no way I was going to pay the original ninety-dollar asking price. Maybe the manufacturer's trying to unload some, too, I thought. I stopped at the clearance tent before I headed inside, and there, in a corner, was one more birdbath. This one was thirty instead of twenty-five, because the stand was in better shape, and you'd better believe I snapped that bad boy up.

And you know what's weird? I'm not even that into birdbaths, or mosaic tile, or koi, but I saw this thing and it just sang to me. I needed it. Is that odd?

Here's Little Girl doing her Price-Is-Right-lady-modeling-the-merchandise thing:



She's not really that gigantor. It's just the angle of the pic.
Oh! Oh! And also, in the clearance tent? GIANT RATS:




Dudes. How awesome are those??? The garden center is discontinuing its Halloween extravaganza and was unloading all kinds of funky stuff. I picked up all of those awesome rats for under twenty bucks.


I'm the happiest girl in the world.


*snif*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That birdbath is cool- Now I want one.

Unknown said...

You are filled with all kinds of awesome. The rats would give my kid nightmares, but I think they are cool.

Pickles and Dimes said...

Yay for the birdbath - it's so cool!

And those rats frighten me. Very, very much.

Anonymous said...

I concur with everyone else regarding the rats. Yeesh! Of course, they are a little out of context, aren't they? They would be weird if you were just going to put them on display around your house all year long. You are only putting them out for Halloween, aren't you?

Heather said...

Lovely birdbath, I soo want one! Rats...not so much.

rockygrace said...

The rats are for Halloween. Even *I* don't want to look at them all year long!

Although I might put one in my neighbor's car if he doesn't stop parking in my damn driveway. It's been over a MONTH now. The dude's a moron.

Fish Food said...

Dear God!

Those rats are revolting!!!

The bird bath on the other hand is lovely. Like all your other comment posters, I want one too!