Monday, March 22, 2010

Notes from the weekend

1. When calling your cat who has been missing all day (I was so worried), it's best to call her by her nickname, Gee Gee. Because wandering around the backyard calling out "Little Girl! Little Girl!" is probably going to make the neighbors nervous.



2. That patch of ice WILL make you fall. Do NOT try to cross it because you WILL fall. Whoops; too late. Ouch.



3. BONES! I have them:






These aren't the ones from the side of the road. Mom and I were walking down by the creek yesterday when to what should my wondering eyes appear but a deer skull! Woot! Further examination revealed the rest of the bones. I do feel sorry for that poor lady we ran into on the way back who greeted us with, "Hi! What a nice day for a walk ............" and then trailed off as her eyes traveled down to the big ol' bag of bones I was carrying. On a related note, I wonder if someone from the FBI will show up at my door if I google "how to clean bones". Let's try that out.

4. My neighbor T. came over and chatted for a while when I was working on the front garden. Later on, I traded some just-started sunflower plants for a piece of homemade cherry pie from my neighbor L. My neighbors rock. And I definitely got the better deal on that trade.

5. I think I'm going to wear chain mail the next time I have to put new flea collars on the cats. Jesus CHRIST those claws are sharp. It's just new collars, cats; calm down already.


6. The prayer flags are up!


So pretty!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can just imagine your neighbors face at seeing those bones! LOL!
What do you do with them anyway?

Good plan! I just did the cat collars, jeeez! You would think we were trying to kill them. LOL!

rockygrace said...

Heather, yeah, I hope the neighbors don't think I'm a serial killer or something. I do a lot of weird art stuff (see Freaky Fridays),and that's what the bones will be for. I was a little hesistant; I know some cultures are kinda funny about bones. But the deer they belonged to is long gone, so I hope it's okay.

And the cats clawed me right through my jeans! Little savages.