Saturday, March 06, 2010

It's real, in the same way that pro wrestling is "real"

Notes from a recent bout of reality-tv watching:


If I was on the current stint of Survivor, I'd be sitting in jail right now for throttling Coach to death. That dude needs to SHUT UP and SIT DOWN.


I really, really want to like Ruby, that gal on the Style network who's trying to lose a bunch of weight. She's pretty, and gracious, and she has a gorgeous smile. But my GOD, the WHINING .... and she just keeps sabotaging herself over and over and over. She's all, "Oh, boo hoo, I had a bad day NOMNOMNOMNOM." Buck up, honey. If you had just stayed on track to begin with, you would have lost the damn weight by now. Oh, but then she wouldn't have a show .....


I can't watch Kitchen Nightmares anymore. I got tired of Ramsay's temper tantrums. Watching people get bitched at and humiliated just gets old after a while. The thing that kills me, though, is that sometimes he tries to humiliate someone and they're just, like, "yeah, right back atcha, tool", which does crack me up some.


Who the hell is that weird dude on LA Ink - the one with the English accent and his own shop and the bad attitude who keeps pushing his glasses up? I can't figure out where he came from - I guess I missed some episodes. And I also somehow missed that ditzy blonde chick getting canned - I would have liked to have seen that.


I used to like Millionaire Matchmaker, but that lady is just .... grating. I have totally weird crushes on both the Dirty Jobs and the American Pickers dudes. Hoarders just gets on my nerves. Throw the shit out, already! And did you see that episode where the lady's husband just ..... disappeared? For, like, thirteen months? If I was her, I would've started to move some of that crap around to see if he was underneath it. I cannot. stop. watching the Duggars, even though I know I shouldn't. The old dude on Pawn Stars creeps me out. I want to take some of those gals on Sixteen and Pregnant and just SHAKE them. He's just not that into you, honey! I think that the American Loggers show is disgusting - there's nothing entertaining about despoiling the earth. And I can't watch Animal Cops since Rocky passed away.



Holy F*CK, I watch too much TV.

6 comments:

Fish Food said...

Did you take time off work to watch all that??

Anonymous said...

Mike Rowe is hot. H-O-T.

Anonymous said...

Funny! I couldn't quit watching bachelorette even thoug I HATE that insipid show. What is wrong with me?!

rockygrace said...

Fish, nah, I just watch on nights and weekends. There's always at least one bad reality show on.

Kate, glad it's not just me! Too bad he's always covered in fish guts or something. But then again, a guy who'll get his hands dirty does it for me every time.

And Anonymous, believe me, I KNOW what it's like to get sucked into some god-awful show. I do it all the time!

Heather said...

Survivior..I can't wait for Russell to be gone, I totally dislike that dude.

American Pickers..love that show!!

Hoarders..I watched that for the first time the other night and got totally pissed off. This hubby and wife and kids were living outside in a tent, cause they were too lazy to clean house. They blamed it all on the hubby and never once got on the wife for enabling him.

rockygrace said...

OMG Heather, I saw that one with the tent! Those poor little kids.

The thing with the Hoarder people is, you know dang well as soon as the cameras go away, they're going to start piling up the crap again. Scary.