Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Stuff you didn't know

Heather over at Welch Happenings has tagged me to reveal ten things you don't know about me. I think I did a similar meme a while back, but I'm too lazy busy to look it up, so I'ma gonna do it again. Some of this stuff you probably do know, at least if you've been reading here for a while, but here goes.

1. I am a Notary Public. If you need something notarized, just send me plane fare, and I'll be on my way. Heh.

2. Back when "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" was insanely popular, I came thisclose to making it on the show. I choked in the final phone interview, though, and blew it. It did not help that I've never seen The Godfather, and did not KNOW the birth order of Fredo's(?) siblings. Sheesh.

3. I don't understand Facebook. Even though I had some good times in high school, there is not a single person from back in the day with whom I care to reconnect.

4. I played drums for a couple of years, but now, if you handed me a pair of sticks and pointed me to a drum set, I wouldn't know what to do. Similarly, I was in all things band and choir in school, but I can no longer read music. Selective forgetting, or something.

5. I had a horse when I was a kid. He was a Palomino named Trigger. We didn't live on a farm, so my folks boarded him at a local riding facility. I rode Western, and thought that the girls who rode English were just way too prissy.

6. I almost joined the Air Force straight out of high school. Talk about a narrow miss. I would have been miserable in the military. (That, or I would have been insanely great at it. Who knows? That plane has flown.)

7. When I was a kid, I was terrified of the song "Seasons in the Sun". I would freak out every time I would hear it.

8. Until I bought my house this past summer, I had never mowed a lawn. Ever.

9. In high school, I was the girl who was rumored to have slept with the band director. (I didn't.)

10. I don't know how to blow my nose. I never learned as a little kid, and now any effort to blow into a tissue turns into a frustrating comedy routine.

Aaaaaand here's a couple of extras:

11. When I'm doing a task I don't enjoy, I sing to pass the time. I'll bet all my neighbors laughed their butts off while I was shoveling snow last weekend. Hey, "King of the Road" is a classic!

12. I can't eat anything mint-flavored, because it just tastes like toothpaste to me.


There ya go! Thanks for inviting me to play, Heather! And if anybody wants to play along on their own blog, consider yourself tagged by me.

2 comments:

Shana said...

So as not to be a comment hog, I will respond to just a few.

1. Me too : ) I am especially available to notarize things if I receive a plane ticket to a place with a sand beach.

3. OMG you are missing out. The best part about facebook? For me? Found out that an old boyfriend (jerk) who was super cute in high school now looks exactly like Bluto from Popeye. In my darkest hours, I can call upon that knowledge and feel good again.

7. Um, creepy song. Kid you was justified.

Heather said...

Thanks for playing along. Its great to get to know you.

2. that is so cool that you got that close. I tried to get my friend to do it, but she complained that she would mostly likely freeze up.

3. I only use Facebook for keeping up with friends and family.

4. My mother always said..If you don't use it you will lose it!

8. LOL! I've been mowing since I was 10.

11. Seems like you and my hubby have the same taste in music. He torures me with that song all the time!