Friday, March 19, 2010

Freaky Friday!

Back around this time last year, when I had been looking at houses for months and hadn't seen much I even wanted to bother to put an offer on, I heard an old wives' tale about how if you wanted to attract a boyfriend, you should hang a mirror over your bed.



Well. I didn't necessarily want a boyfriend, but I did want a house. I got a mirror at the thrift store, and I put some illustrations of houses on it, so the ju-ju gods wouldn't get confused and send me a boyfriend instead. Then I started adding on stuff I picked up on walks, acorns and feathers and stuff, so that my new place would have a nice big yard. I added on stick figures of The Runt and Little Girl and myself, and put Rocky on top to supervise. And as time kept passing, and I kept looking at houses I didn't like, I kept adding to the mirror.






Please ignore the gal with the bedhead.




I don't know if the ju-ju mirror helped or not, but it IS hanging in the kitchen of my new house.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! What better way to help the gods see you in the place you want to be?

Heather said...

That is so cute! I would have never thought about doing that to a mirror and it looks nice.

Glad you finally got your new house.

Rob said...

Why weren't there any antlers on it? I'm very disappointed!

rockygrace said...

There's plenty of antlers elsewhere, Rob. Don't be blue.