Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just call me Jessica

Remember that TV show, the one with Jessica Simpson, and her hubby Nick Lachey (or however you spell his last name), and in that one episode, she's got a can of tuna, only she's all confused, because it's Chicken of the Sea brand, and she's all, "Well, is it tuna? Or is it chicken?"

Yeah.

I am currently pondering the status of Animal Crackers.

Are they crackers? Or are they cookies?

I mean, the bag says they're crackers. Animal Crackers. But they taste like cookies. Kind of shortbread-ish. But then again, there's that Shirley Temple song, "Animal crackers in my soup", which would seem to indicate cracker status, because you're not gonna put cookies in your soup. But then again, I've never heard of ANYBODY putting animal crackers in their soup, outside of that one song, so that would lean toward the cookie side of the debate.

And let's not forget, you can also purchase frosted animal crackers, and who the hell would frost an actual cracker, so maybe cookie it is.

Cookie? Or cracker?

I'm so confused.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Interesting..I'm going to go with cookie.

rockygrace said...

Me too. They TASTE more like cookies than crackers.

Unknown said...

When she was singing that song, they were crackers (like oyster crackers). They've gotten much sweeter since then, like pretty much everything in the US diet.

rockygrace said...

Bridgett, I didn't know that! That clears things up.