Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Breaking News!

The Bleeding Hearts are up!

They start out as little spears of red fringe poking out of the ground. Two months from now, they'll look like this:



I'm so excited! These are some of the plants I moved from the old place, and because I moved stuff in August, possibly the WORST time of the year to try to move perennials, I had no idea if anything was going to make it. But the Bleeding Hearts are up! Oh, the tiger lilies are coming up, too!

Spring is coming.

4 comments:

Fish Food said...

I'm really pleased they've survived and showing signs of growth! They are absolutely gorgeous in the summer - far too beautiful not to have been a successful move.

rockygrace said...

Now, if only the Rose of Sharons come back, I'll be thrilled. They weren't looking too hot by last fall.

Heather said...

I'm still waiting to see any sign that my golden made it through last years heat wave.

Those bleeding hearts are gorgeous, I don't think they would ever survive south Texas.

rockygrace said...

Yeah, but you get to grow cool stuff like jasmine and gardenias down there!