Friday, March 05, 2010

Freaky Friday!

I know, I know ...... I said I was going to call it F*cked-up Friday. That just seemed a little crude, so I decided to go with Freaky Friday, in which every Friday (or every Friday that I remember, anyway), I will post a photo of some of the weird shit around my house.



First up:





These are stuffed zombie-things. The one on the left has wings; I call the one on the right Disco Ballerina. (I don't KNOW why, okay?) I like them, although company is inclined to ask, "What the hell are those?"* Truthfully, company could say that about a lot of the shit in my house; hence, Freaky Fridays.

Coming soon: Bones!


Oh! In totally unrelated news, both the plumbing-fixture installer (my niece's boyfriend), who showed up LAST Saturday an hour late and so drunk he could barely walk**, and the furnace repair dude, who was SUPPOSED to be at the house last Saturday and never showed at all, are supposed to be working at the house tomorrow. Want to lay odds on who will actually show up and when? And we could throw in a side bet on drunk v. sober, if you'd like.


*Safest answer: Cat toys. Just about anything is acceptable as long as people think it's a cat toy.

** I sent him home. No drunkenly-installed plumbing fixtures at my house!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love (ok, adore...it sounds gushy, but it's true) your weird stuff. I had a doll entirely made of the pink stripey material (named, not too creatively, Pink) that had one of those creepy plastic doll faces sewn to it surrounded by a baby bonnet. And I would totally give the Disco Ballerina space on my couch.

Anonymous said...

Those two "cat toys" remind me of the knitted monster toys I've seen. I like them.

If you want to see more:
http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=knitted+monster+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&start=0

Also, I wish I could recommend a good plumber in the area. We had one we really liked. Then he changed companies. Then he committed suicide. Talk about a shock when we called for some routine issues. Good luck with yours. I'll wager that they'll both show and give you some outrageous bill for something that you can probably do for 1/4 of the cost.

rockygrace said...

Survey SAYS:

Niece's boyfriend showed. Sober, even! Furnace dude was a no-show but did at least call to reschedule.

And Bridgett, I'm sure glad SOMEBODY likes my weird stuff.

Heather said...

Yup, that was my question, till you said they were cat toys. LOL!

They definately qualify for the frecky friday! LOL!