Saturday, March 27, 2010

Freaky Friday!

Okay, okay, technically it's Saturday, but ROB was having a frickin' heart attack over the lack of Freaky Friday, so here we go. Oh, and by the way, ROB, it's FREAKY Friday, NOT "Wacky" Friday. Christ.


A while back I picked up this concrete tiger at a flea market, because I am a sucker. He's about two-and-a-half feet long, and weighs about what you'd think a concrete tiger would weigh.







I couldn't figure out what was up with the white. Was he supposed to be an albino tiger? If so, wouldn't the stripes be black instead of orange? And why was his face all orange, when the rest of him was white? So many questions. I couldn't figure out the original intent, so I decided to make him a regular tiger. Because that's what every house needs: A regular concrete tiger.


A few coats of paint later, and I have the world's largest paperweight:







I think I'm gonna varnish him and put him in the garden. To keep Mr. Z and Mini-Z company.





I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY, ROB.



(just kidding)

6 comments:

the queen said...

He looks so horrified in the first photo, then relaxed and happy with the right paint.

Rob said...

Ah, never underestimate the power of WHINING. Your tigere ... it ees ... Tres' Magnifique! When are you going to glue all those deer bones together to make a museum piece?

Fish Food said...

I love your tiger, he looks somehow younger after you painted him.

He was quite strange looking to start off with though! Who would do that to a concrete tiger?

~~Silk said...

He's SO much prettier now!

Heather said...

Aww, he's soo cute..NOW!

I probably would have passed him up, due to how ugly he was and also due to the weight of him. You are truly gifted to have seen potential.

rockygrace said...

Yeah, he looks happier now. He'll be going in the garden once the weather warms up. Wouldn't want him to catch a chill. :)

Rob, I'm still mulling what to do with the deer bones. I'd really like to do some kind of hanging sculpture, but then people'd think I was mental.

And Heather, I'm afraid there's a fine line between "truly gifted" and "completely insane"!