Monday, January 31, 2011

Pics from the weekend

The new washer is here! The new washer is here!





As the delivery dude was unhooking my old washer, he started giving me some crap about how the cold water valve won't shut off and uh-oh there's a problem and blahblahblah and I was all, like, Dude, I don't wanna hear it. Figure it out. Because EVERY GODDAMN TIME a delivery dude shows up with some new piece of something or other that cost me a bazillion bucks, there's ALWAYS some problem with some whatzit or whatever that I MUST HAVE REPLACED RIGHT AWAY and ... No. No more replacing bullshit that doesn't need to be replaced just because some delivery dude making ten bucks an hour tells me that I have to do this or that or

wow. I guess that struck a nerve, eh? ANYway, no I did not replace the valve, and yes the new washer was installed, and no the world did not end, so THAT's over with.

Moving on.

Did you know you can make forsythia bloom in the winter? Just cut off a few branches, bring 'em inside, plop them in some water, and two weeks later, Voila!





And yes, that IS a Christmas poinsettia in the background. Every year I buy a poinsettia, and every year it's still hanging around in MARCH, with me too soft-hearted to ashcan it.


My new rug! Let me show you it:




The cats give it their "meh" of approval.


The deer were hoping that my neighbor had filled her birdfeeder:




And finally, an afternoon snooze:




Another weekend over.

7 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

Love the rug and that last picture of the kitties is just the cutest! I'll have to show my youngest, he LOVES cats.

Rob said...

Your post today is so eclectic! So, what are you sportin' on the washer front? 8 cylinder 289 4 barrel front loader or a 302 hemi supercharged top loader?

~~Silk said...

Your new rug looks great, especially with whatever that is on the chair in the upper right corner.

Mine has arrived, but I didn't hear it being delivered, and they just plunked it on the porch. No ringing of doorbell, no nuthin'. It weighs 97 pounds. I don't know how I'll get it into the dining room....

rockygrace said...

BGN, have you shown your youngest goodmorningkitten.com? He'll love it! See also: Love-and-hisses.com, and theittybittykittycommittee.com.

Rob, I bought the cheapest washer Home Depot sold. OF COURSE. :)Seeing as how I do, like, two loads of laundry a week max, it oughta last me a couple of years.

And ~~Silk, I can't believe they just left it on your porch! Jeez. Was yours all wrapped up in twenty thousand yards of blaze orange plastic, like mine was?

rockygrace said...

Oops. I meant "BNG", not "BGN".

~~Silk said...

Yeah, a blaze orange bundle. I've noticed that all of the delivery services (yellow, brown, white, USPS) here don't ring a bell. If it doesn't need a signature, they just drop the package and run. I've seen the brown (aka UPS) guy throw soft packages over the fence onto the neighbor's doorstep. Too bad if you're not home, I guess.

If you're of a mind to, you could probably do your Christmas shopping on doorsteps. (I am reminded of your lamp.)

Badass Nature Girl said...

LOL, so now I'm Badass Girl Nature! That still fits. No, I had not been to those sites, but rest assured that we will be looking very soon! I just went out and gave a hot dog to two stray kitties and he was plastered to the window watching them.