Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Let's play a guessing game, shall we?

Let's play, "How much will the car repair cost THIS time?"

Sunday morning I was backing out of the driveway when I heard a loud "BAM!" Thinking I had run over a garbage can or something, I got out of the car and looked underneath.

Nothing.

Except now, the driver's side of the car looks like it's low.

I'm guessing rear spring.

One of my colleagues took a look at it, and he thinks it's the front strut.

I'm guessing $298.03.

Care to guess?

4 comments:

Rob said...

Unless it's for an oil change; and you don't know exactly, precisely what's wrong with it, always figure 500 dollars.

Hell, even for an oil change, figure 500 dollars ...

Unknown said...

Local shade-tree mechanic? Maybe 250? Maybe 278?

rockygrace said...

After a visit to the friendly neighborhood garage, here's some more info:

Left rear spring "exploded", damaging the strut. Mechanic says replace both sides, so we are looking at: Two springs, two struts, two hours labor.

Feel free to revise your guesses. Upward.

Badass Nature Girl said...

Um yeah, you're not getting out of there for any less than $750-$900. That sucks!