Thursday, January 20, 2011

Reality TV quote of the night

"Well, hellfire, save matches, f*ck a duck and see what hatches."

Thank you, Steven Tyler.

I've never heard that particular adage before, and from nosing around on line it appears that he usually says it as "Shit fire and save matches, f*ck a duck and see what hatches", but still, it was a good start to what is promising to be another excruciating season of American Idol, aka, "Is this really the best America can do, vocalist-wise?"

I might keep tuning in just to see what comes out of ol' Steve's mouth next.

4 comments:

Rob said...

You're mad because he stole that from you, aren't you?

rockygrace said...

You know, Rob, now that I think of it, I HAVE been known to say "F*ck a duck" on occasion.

And I DON'T KNOW WHY.

Unknown said...

My West Virginia relatives all exclaim "Well shit fire and save matches!" when they are disgusted with a turn of events. Never heard the second bit. Must be a Boston thing.

rockygrace said...

Oh, Bridgett, do your WV relatives have any other regional phrases?

Seriously, I'm interested.