Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Well, THIS is kind of embarrassing

Today is my anniversary.

My work anniversary.

My twenty-fourth work anniversary.

Yep, that's right. I've worked for the same company for twenty-four years.

Half my life.

And you know, that used to be something to be proud of, right? But now, you're looked at as some kind of a schmuck if you work for the same company too long. Like you're not quite bright enough to move up and on.

So I must be some kind of moron.

Heh.

Hey, I don't give a shit. My job has changed and morphed into something totally different than what it was in the beginning. Hell, I used a typewriter when I first started here. We didn't even get computers until after I'd been here for a couple of years. When I first started here, I made five bucks an hour.

Suffice it to say I make more than that now. And I'm able to support myself and pay a mortgage and make car payments and take an occasional trip and buy stuffed porcupines and do all kinds of stuff as a result of working here, so I'm content.

Happy anniversary to me! The old-timer.

6 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

I wouldn't be embarrassed about it at all, Happy Anniversary!

Laura said...

Happy anniversary!

rockygrace said...

Thanks, guys! Now I think I'll go get drunk. :)

Badass Nature Girl said...

Lucky girl!

Fish Food said...

Congratulations! I think it's fabulous that you've stayed that long. It's to be applauded!

Happy anniversary!

rockygrace said...

Thanks, Fish!