Friday, February 25, 2011

Freaky Friday: Best. Nightlight. Ever.

Okay, first off, we got another dump of snow last night, meaning I was out bright and early shoveling the snow wall the plow-dude-who-hates-me left at the end of the driveway. Then, by the time I (finally) left for work, the snow had turned to sleet. It was like a demolition derby out there! Cars all over the place. So, that was fun. Not.

Now, on to Freaky Friday! Do you guys remember that movie "Carrie", based on the book by Stephen King, where Sissy Spacek played a teenager beset by ALL KINDS of f*cked-up problems, namely that she could basically kill people with her mind?

And there was that scene where her mother locks her in the closet and tells her to pray? Now, I don't remember if there WAS actually a Jesus nightlight in the closet, or if there was just a red light bulb that shone on a figure of Jesus, it's been a long time since I saw that flick, but I saw this nightlight, and I thought, "Carrie's closet!"


Yes, that's a giant clamshell behind Him. And smaller shells in front. I'm still trying to figure out the shell motif. Was Jesus crucified at the beach? 'Cause I don't think I remember that part.


Oh, but it's even better at NIGHT:





Dun dun DUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!
I will tell you right now, if anybody ever tries to break into my house through the kitchen, they're gonna see that thing on the counter and turn right back around. I know I would, anyway.
I love my Jesus nightlight.

6 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

Very pretty!

Rob said...

Hey! You get your coffee at Walmart too! Isn't it pukealicious??

Fish Food said...

Well I can honestly say that I've NEVER seen anything like it before!

~~Silk said...

That's sooooo '50's!

Um, I see another nightlight in the background. Afraid He won't deliver when it counts?

rockygrace said...

Face it, you all want my nightlight. Especially BNG!

Fish, I love that left-handed compliment. You shoulda been a diplomat.

And Rob, as I'm sure you know, add enough booze and the Walmart coffee's not bad. :)

Oh, and ~~Silk, I'm an atheist, so yeah, backup nightlight it is.

LL Cool Joe said...

Yep that sure would put anyone off breaking into your house!