Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm gonna get raked over the coals for this one

Thought and effort?! It takes more thought and effort for me to brush my f*cking TEETH than it would to pick up flowers at Walmart.

Seriously. I guess THIS is why I don't have a boyfriend. Because if you can't take an hour on f*cking VALENTINE'S day to go pick out something nice for the woman you supposedly LOVE, just go home. Just get the f*ck away from me.

ahahahahahahaha looks like we've hit a bit of a sore spot here, no?

Okay. If my theoretical boyfriend was at Walmart on an ordinary day, picking up motor oil and sparkplugs or something, and happened to see a bouquet of flowers at the checkout that he thought I'd enjoy, so he bought them and brought them to me, I'd be FINE with that. What a surprise! Flowers!

But! If, on Valentine's day, the best my theoretical boyfriend can do is drag his sorry ass to Walmart, HELL NO.

oh, and he'd better not EVEN give me that shit about how it's just a manufactured holiday made up by the card companies and you know I REALLY love you baby and

you just talked your way right out the door.

Shit. Give ME that shit about a manufactured holiday?*

Manufacture THIS, sweetie.

hoooooo boy I'm a'rollin' now.

You know what Walmart flowers on Valentine's day says to me? It says, "I don't really care. I don't care how you feel and I can't be bothered to take the damn time to FIND OUT what you really want, because you are just not that important to me. So take the damn flowers and be grateful already."

But I guess that's just me.

And I guess that's why I don't have a boyfriend.

Man oh man, this is better than THERAPY, you guys! Thanks! I'm working out my issues right here in front of you!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Who wants to date me? Come on, you KNOW you want to! Is fun! Ha.




*As far as THAT goes, ALL holidays are manufactured holidays, really. So don't EVEN go down THAT garden path, buddy boy.

6 comments:

rockygrace said...

Okay, let me clarify that this is the way I, personally, feel about this subject. Obviously, other people may feel differently, and I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. Whatever makes you happy makes you happy, and it's all good, and now let's all sing Kumbaya together, okay? Here, I'll start:

"Kumbaya, my friend, kumbaya ..."


And if it makes you feel any better, you guys all have significant others and I don't, so there's always that.

Badass Nature Girl said...

Just interacting here, but it seems like less an issue with Wal-mart any thing and more an issue of feeling not heard and communicated with? and you're right every one feels differently about it. My husband knows that unless I specifically ASK him for some thing else special from some specific place, a card and what not from Wal-Mart is fine. Shoot there are years when I tell him to get nothing at all, but he still does. He also does other things too....dinner, foot rub, etc. Now I have had to ask him a few times not get certain chocolates because they suck, and he just forgets from year to year, but that's ok. I mean, I guess I look at it from a couple of points of views: 1) It's the thought that counts and I know my hubby is getting things because he wants to, not because I'm making him feel like he has to and that in itself is thoughtful 2) If I came home from work and saw a lovely table with dinner ready, candles, a card and a vase of flowers, how am I to know, or care, that they came from Wal-mart? So, maybe it's also the presentation that you want to be part of the "package" too? Nothing wrong with that. Hope you don't feel too raked over the coals, certainly not my intention!

rockygrace said...

Dinner and candles? Sign me up! :)

Badass Nature Girl said...

Otay, but sorry it will be coming from me, lol! And don't you worry, you have a little some thing from me in the works that will be coming soon. I obviously got side-tracked here recently, but *was* hoping to have it to you by today. So for now, that cardinal from the kitties will have to get you through :o)

rockygrace said...

Aww, BNG, you're the nicest person I know.

Hope you're feeling better today!

Badass Nature Girl said...

Thanks for saying, but that's probably only because we live many states way from each other, HA! Every body who lives far away from me seems to think I'm nice, well, except for the somewhat local stalker.

And I'm doing well today, thank you!