Thursday, October 13, 2011

TV alert! TV alert!

The second season of Work of Art started on Bravo last night. Oh, how I love this show. They take a bunch of artists working in different styles and media and give them challenges each week.

On last night's show, the artists had to take flea-market type art (bad paintings, etc.) and put their own twist on it. And they have a limited amount of time to do it, so they can't dick around endlessly dithering about what they're going to do. And that's the most interesting part to me, watching how the artists actually decide on what they're going to do and then create their work.

And of course, they're "artists", so most of them are whack jobs. There's this one gal named Jazz-Minh (oh PLEASE), and a dude who calls himself "Sucklord", which is pretty hysterical when the judges are critiquing his work. "So tell me, Sucklord, why did you choose that particular color?" hahahahaha

Last year, if I remember correctly, they had a gal on who like to photograph herself nude, so who knows what'll happen this season? And one of the final three was a guy who was so mentally fragile that I STILL worry about him and hope he's okay. Also last season, the person who won SHOULD NOT HAVE WON, in my humble opinion, so we'll see what happens this time.

Work of Art! Wednesdays on Bravo! It's artistic.

6 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

Ohhh, I've never heard of it, but now I'm interested!

rockygrace said...

There was this one episode last season where they took them out into the woods and they had, like, an hour to collect stuff to make into art. It was really cool.

And some of the stuff they come up with is really, really, out there, but it's still neat to watch the process.

Badass Nature Girl said...

Oh that sounds so cool, I love shows like that! I watch Project Runway and Face Off and Chopped because I love watching people have to be fast on their feet like that and pull masterpieces out of nowhere. They have a new show coming out (next month?) where they make jewelry or accessories or some thing.

Badass Nature Girl said...

I caught the re-run of it tonight--very good show so far!

rockygrace said...

I wonder if "Sucklord" makes his grandma call him that. I THINK NOT.

Badass Nature Girl said...

I bet he's shy around his grandma, and if he did have her call him that, I wonder if he says "please". He seems like I nice enough person, though nearly all of them seemed emotionally scarred....my oldest son like the show and I think it will be good for him to watch, from an artist standpoint, so that he can see how it doesn't always works doing what you love when you're trying to get others to understand and love it too. He's looking forward to seeing that one girl bawling like a 3 year old next week. Creepy.