Monday, October 17, 2011

Big Nothin'

You guys! I had this big post all ready to go about how Delilah! got! adopted! on Saturday.







Except she didn't. Well, she KIND of did ... let me explain.



The foster coordinator called me on Thursday. A woman had seen Delilah on line and wanted to adopt her! She had filled out all the paperwork, passed the home inspection (!), and wanted to adopt. So on Saturday, the foster peeps came and got Delilah. Bye-bye, Deli-Belly! Enjoy your new home!



A couple of hours later, I got a phone call. The woman's four-year-old boy was scared of Delilah. She would have to go.




Now, I am not going to comment on someone only giving a healthy, friendly cat two hours before returning it. If she felt that strongly about it, it's best that the cat come back. And I don't know, maybe her kid has special needs or something. But I WILL say that two hours may set some kind of record for shortest. adoption. ever.




Besides, her buddies missed her terribly while she was gone and were very happy to have her back.







Prepare to gaze upon the countenance that scared a four-year-old:











Eeeeeeeeeeeek!



Don't worry, Miss Deli. Your family will find you.

3 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

That stinks. I wonder if she ever had the child around a cat before (not by the sounds of it, unless it's just the cat being in the childs space that the child finds it scary?) My kids were both leary of dogs and cats (still are a bit), but that's part of why I'd take them in to a shelter for awhile and get them used to animals, etc. That was a bit of a roller coaster for you and the cats.

rockygrace said...

Oh! Here's the kicker - when the foster dude went to the house to pick Delilah back up, the little kid cried, "I thought she was staying!" Christ.

And that? Is why I never had kids. Well, one of the reasons, anyway.

Badass Nature Girl said...

I wonder if the mother was less than honest about the reason for returning the cat? That being said, it is very possible that the child has learning/comprehension issues. That sounds like some thing my oldest would have said and done when he was that age. But whatever, the cat is back now, and hopefully all will find homes soon!