Friday, October 07, 2011

Headstones

Seen in my neighborhood cemetery:





Okay, so Wife Number 1 dies first, then Hubby, then Wife Number 2. Who decided on the pecking order on the gravestone? At first I assumed it was Hubby, but he was not the last to go; Wife Number 2 was. But I can't imagine Wife Number 2 being fine with Wife Number 1 being on there, so now I'm just confused. As always, you can click on the pic to enlarge it.


This was the oldest stone I found on this visit:






One thing that strikes you about old cemeteries is the amount of people who died really, really young back then:





I think there's as many kids buried in this cemetery as there are adults. Life was tough in the old days. Oh, and you might want to give these headstones some thought the next time some nutjob starts raving about the evils of vaccination.




2 comments:

Birdie said...

I love cemeteries and headstones. so interesting.

rockygrace said...

Yeah, some people think cemeteries are creepy, but I just think they're peaceful. Everybody's at rest.

Thanks for stopping by, Birdie.