Monday, August 29, 2011

Up and down






The park next door, on Saturday:







Sunday:







This morning:







The water comes up, and it goes right back down.



This was looking out my bedroom window, Sunday morning:







Sorry about the screen in the way. You can see the garden in the lower right - that fence ended up about fifteen feet down the yard. The water at that point was about ten feet away from the side of the house. I am sure it got closer, as the water continued to rise, but I was not about to hang around and see how close it got. When they got ready to close the road in front of my house, I skedaddled.




So! That's what five inches of rain does to my neighborhood. Flippin' weather.











3 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

Glad that you, and your house, are okay!

Becs said...

I hate Irene! Yeah, we had some of those same effects here. Inland sea one minute, grassy meadow the next.

rockygrace said...

Thanks, BNG.

And Becs, I know you got hit big-time, and I'm sorry. I hope you're able to get cleaned up soon.