Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24, 2006

Yep. It's been five years since I started writing here.


One thousand, five hundred and eighty-six posts later, I'm still going.


My niece S. and I are the talkers in the family. Conversation lagging at a family gathering? Ask one of us how we're doing, and we're off to the races.


And the funny thing is, while S. has always been a talker, I didn't used to be that way. Until I started blogging, and now when somebody asks me what's up, I just think about what I've written about on my blog lately, and away we go.


Well, except for all the stuff I write about my crazy-ass family. That all stays right here. A couple family members know that I have a blog, but they don't know how to find it. Except for Texas, of course. Hi Tex!


So! Thanks, Blogger, for prompting me with conversational fodder for boring-ass family dinners. And thanks to my readers, for helping me through some really trying times.


Here's to five more years of bitching and laughing and crying and posting cat photos and bitching some more. Gosh, this is fun.




10 comments:

Rob said...

Good staying power. Keep it up!

rockygrace said...

Thanks, Rob!

Anonymous said...

And I love the way you write and the way you see the world...so glad you've kept us up to date. (bridgett)

rockygrace said...

Thanks, bridgett ... I wish YOU'D start blogging again ...

Anonymous said...

Your wish is my command. Try dearstudent.wordpress.com

(I only keep it up during the school year -- it's a segue out of grumpy FB rants. I started it a while ago so you have some back issues to read as well.)

But really, I think in the blogosphere everyone has their talents and mine is responding to other people's writing.

rockygrace said...

Bridgett, I don't mean to be a pain, but could you put up a link to that site? I can't find it ...

LL Cool Joe said...

Wow that's a lot of blogging! Congrats! I must make an effort to get to your blog more often. Not that it's an effort of course. Ok I'll shut up.

Anonymous said...

http://dearstudent.wordpress.com

Laura said...

Congratulations! I only have time to drop in now and then, but I do love your blog. And Xmas cards!

rockygrace said...

LL and Laura, thanks for the congrats!

Oh, and Bridgett, I STILL can't find you ...