Sunday, August 28, 2011

Goddam Irene

I am writing this from a safe location, i.e., someplace that isn't flooded, unlike my neighborhood right now.

Yep, Irene got me.

As of eleven this morning, when Little Girl and I headed for the hills, we had gotten over four inches of rain. The creek made it all the way across the park and into my side yard, and that's when I decided to split.

From what I understand, the street in front of my house flooded, but there were no evacuations, so I'm hoping ... well, I'm hoping. My garage is at grade level, but the house is itself is up eighteen inches on a crawlspace, so ... I'm hoping.

I'll kept you posted as I can, but I probably won't have internet access again until sometime tomorrow, so don't worry if you don't hear anything right away.

Talk to you soon.


Anonymous said...

Shoot -- sorry to hear that. We're dry, mostly...the basement took some water and the back yard might dry out before winter, but we got off pretty light. I'll hope with you that you'll go back to a mainly dry house.

= Bridgett

Badass Nature Girl said...

Ugh! I was wondering how you were doing. I watched the news and saw that it was heading your way. Stay safe and we'll be waiting to hear!

rockygrace said...

Thanks, guys - the house stayed dry! Whew. I'll have a post up soon.

Becs said...

Yay! One intact survivor!