Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Two cool things from the past weekend

First, on Saturday I got to watch my all-time favorite House Hunters International episode.

Okay, FIRST first, I have to get something off my chest: I can. not. STAND the "regular" House Hunters show. The one that's based in the States. There's just something about watching twenty-something hipsters who are prepared to fork over half a million for a house in Baltimore that drives me INSANE. WHERE are these children getting that kind of money? Arrgggggh.

Back to House Hunters International. Which I LOVE. Because it's okay to drop half a million on a house if it's in, like, Aruba or something. And oh! I love it when they go to, like, Hong Kong or someplace, where the housing prices are INSANE, and yet still people buy places. And it's fascinating (to me) to see what the housing market's like in Croatia or Slovenia or someplace. Overall? Prices in Europe are NUTS. HOVELS go for two hundred grand.

So! My all-time favorite HHI episode is .... drum roll please .... the one where the young woman is looking for an apartment in Paris, France. She brings along her mom to help her choose.

And they want to keep their budget under $200,000.00, which here in Upstate New York would buy my little house almost four times, but in Paris?

hahahahaha

They look at one apartment that is 86 square feet. That's right, 86. That's just a little bit over 8' by 10'. Total. Asking price?

$140,000.

Oh my GOD I love that show.

Okay! Thing number two from the weekend: I saw a hummingbird stick out her tongue.

Amazing.

And really, really strange.

Anybody else seen anything cool lately?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw four hummingbirds eat from the same feeder simultaneously. And I saw a naked drunk guy climb the outside of a crane boom. The wonders of nature.

Anonymous said...

That was me, obvs. (Bridgett)

the queen said...

Strange: I was just chastised today for not watching HH Intl. May have to start.

rockygrace said...

Bridgett, I've never had more than one hummingbird at a time at my feeder. And I don't think I've ever seen a naked guy out in public, so you've got me beat.

And queen, House Hunters International is my go-to show when I want to watch something nice and quiet and soothing. There's no drama (other than which house they'll pick), no screaming and yelling - it's nice.

Anonymous said...

It's actually my third naked guy in public sighting. Hang around college campuses all your life and you get to see Buck Nekkid more than most.