Tuesday, June 07, 2011

You're gonna need an ocean ...

Holy crap, you guys, I forgot to mention that I got poison ivy'd this last weekend. That's right, it's barely June and already with the poison ivy bullshit.

Some of you may remember last summer, when it was basically a poison ivy free-for-all in the brush around my land. I swear I got poison ivy on TOP of poision ivy, and it sucked. Big time. So I bought some heavy duty poison ivy killer (better living through chemicals, dammit) and sprayed the SHIT out of anything with three leaves.

So imagine my surprise when I was absent-mindedly scratching at a bug bite the other night and realized, hey, that doesn't look like a bug bite. That looks like ... like...

... that looks like I'm screwed again this summer.

pass the calamine lotion, please.

3 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

I've only had poison ivy once, and I won't say how I got it, but once was enough, thank you. If I sent you, and you have left, any of the camping/no more itchies soap, you can try using that when you shower. I use mine daily, even without the poison ivy! Don't scratch!

Anonymous said...

Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with poison ivy/oak, but poison oak is everywhere around here, so I figure I'm due. I'm itching just reading your post! Here's hoping it was the first and last time for the season.

rockygrace said...

For me, it's less "itchy" than it is "painful". At least I've only got it in a few patches this time, although I'm STILL trying to figure out where I got it, since I now look for poison ivy everywhere I walk. Hmmm.