Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's like this stuff calls to me

This past weekend, I picked up four day lilies, a red hot poker plant, a wisteria vine, and the Infant of Prague.







And how cute is this?: When I took off his royal robes to give them a soak, I discovered that he was wearing his jammies underneath:






Yeah, he's a little banged up. At some point, his left arm came off and was re-attached (gulp), but it's not every day you run into the Infant of Prague, so I brought him home with me.


I hope he likes it here.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Infant of Prague. I grew up in a farm town/parish that had a lot of Czech Catholics who had been displaced by the war. It brings back memories of really warm kitchens and old lady bedrooms with boxes of dusting powder on the dressers (right next to the Infant, but under the picture of Surfer Jesus of the Sacred Heart). -- Bridgett

rockygrace said...

Surfer Jesus? What?

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's what younger Catholics derisively called the long-haired soulful blue-eyed Jesus icon of our youth. Every house in the town had at least one of these. Some friends call it "biker Jesus" or "classic rock Jesus" -- you'll see why.

If you google "Sacred heart image," it's the first one that comes up.

rockygrace said...

Hmmm ... I think I'll stick with the Infant. Surfer Jesus is kind of creepy.