Monday, June 06, 2011

Bits and Pieces

I just renewed my TV guide subscription. I guess that makes me an 83-year-old Nebraska housewife.

There is a local restaurant whose slogan is "Some People Guess ... the Well-Informed Know!" What does that even mean? Know WHAT? And what does it have to do with a restaurant? Oh, and they charge seventeen bucks for "Beaver Cut" pot roast. What the hell is a "Beaver Cut"?

If your veterinarian's office does not use e-mail - not even to send test results to consulting vets - is that a deal-breaker? I mean, I can't figure it out - they've got a computer system, for Christ's sake - but they don't use e-mail? I'm thinking I need to find another vet. Again. Because this whole "we'll fax the cardiologist the blood work-up (and hope she gets it)" is not working for me.

My boss said something so incredibly rude to me the other morning that I had to give him a pass on it. Because it was so far out of character, I can only conclude that he had temporarily been taken over by an alien or something.


I haven't cooked myself a decent dinner in over a month. Pizza and rotisserie chicken will only take you so far. I need to get cooking again.


Found, at the local library book sale, for twenty-five cents:




hahahahahahahaha PRICELESS.

5 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...are you going to try it???????????

Anonymous said...

I notice that you said "found" and not "purchased." I do hope you bought it. Talk about Freaky Friday.

Your boss is a lucky man.

rockygrace said...

BNG: No.

Kate: OF COUSE I bought it. And it was really funny, because I spied it from, like, one table over, and there was this little kid looking at it, and I'm trying to send psychic vibes to make the kid PUT DOWN THE BOOK so that I can snag it. Ha! And he put it down! The book is mine. ALL MINE. Sorry, kid.

Badass Nature Girl said...

Dang.

Logical Libby said...

I don't think my vet knows what a fax is. I'm afraid to show him my iPhone because he might light it on fire.