Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Woot woot!

The vet's office called yesterday - based upon Little Girl's recent bloodwork, which finally wended its way to the cardiologist via slow boat to China fax, she can now be pilled once a day instead of twice.

Oh, this is going to make a world of difference. I mean, Little Girl has been as good as a cat can be about getting pilled, but it was hard on both of us. And this time of year, when she spends so much time outside, the pressure was on to even get ahold of her twice a day.


Oh! And did you know that Walmart (and other pharmacies, for that matter) will fill pet prescriptions? They will! Which means that Little Girl's enalapril will be only ten bucks for a three-month supply!


Whew. Things are looking up.

3 comments:

rockygrace said...

And I think one of the things that was getting me down was, well ... it's not like she'll take these pills for a few weeks and then she'll be all better. She will be on these meds for the rest of her life. And twice a day, every day, over a lifetime, can be a little wearying to contemplate.

I mean, I'm sure I was getting a little too worked up, there, but still - ONCE a day sounds MUCH better.

Logical Libby said...

Count your blessings: I had a diabetic cat. Needles three times a day. That was pure torture.

And I can't believe I just left a comment like that. Just know I am trying to make you feel better.

rockygrace said...

Oh my God NEEDLES? Blessings being counted, right now.