Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Don't hate me because I'm dutiful

First thing this morning, I got a mammogram.  After work, I did a Jillian workout - Ripped in 30, Level 3.

And I feel like I should get a flippin' award.  Maybe two.

I swear to God, there is something wrong with me.  I get all sanctimonious because I do something that normal, competent people do every damn day.

Walking out of the dentist's office?  Mother Teresa's got nothin' on  me.

And alert the press when I exit the voting booth.  I WIN AT LIFE.

God, I'm lame.  It's like I feel like I should make the nightly news for being ... an adult.  Ha.  "And in other news, RockyCat managed to function like a human being today.  Update at eleven!"

So tell me - What do YOU do that's medal-worthy?  Please tell me I'm not alone in this.

6 comments:

~~Silk said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I feel like I deserve an award for washing dishes, or changing sheets, or folding laundry. Those things don't HAVE to be done this week, you know?

Domestic Kate said...

And having never gotten a mammogram, I think you do deserve a medal for that.

Dishes, cooking, organizing, cleaning, and getting all the things I put on my grocery list. Basically, all the stuff you described is kind of the basis for my simple living philosophy. I realized I felt just as accomplished doing laundry and cooking as I did at my paid job, so I decided to devote more energy to those things regularly and doing them well.

Becs said...

I went to work.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have a job, but some days it feels like I'm dragging a sled/pallet of bricks behind me and no, it is not my ass.

My vacation days are burning holes in my pocket.

Laura said...

Hello? People should TOTALLY get awards for adult behavior. Check it:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html

fmcgmccllc said...

When I make my duty call to my mom and I get her boyfriend, home alone, on oxygen and slowly dying-and I talk to him for an hour because he seems to be so desparate to talk to someone. I don''t know this guy well and so I just listen. I call it my penance for being a bad person.

rockygrace said...

Well, obviously we are ALL medal-worthy! Preshuss snowflakes every one. Ha.

And Laura, I think Hyperbole is a classic case of the dangers of trying to behave maturely. I mean, whatever happened to her?