Thursday, January 17, 2013

I dunno

Today at work I'm wearing a dress that is ... let's see ... four inches above the knee.

Is that too short?  I mean, I AM an old lady now.

In my defense, I'm wearing heavy tights underneath. It's not like I'm flashing a bunch of bare leg and frightening the cattle or anything.

Whaddaya think?  Too short for an old broad, or still acceptable?


Zella said...

As long as you don't have fishnets on, you're okay ;-)

Seriously though, im my humble opinion....I don't give a rat's ass about what anyone else thinks, I'll wear what I want to wear even if I live to be 100 years old. I mean, one life, right ? Live and let live.

If YOU are not comfortable though and find yourself pulling the skirt down all day long....that's a different story :-D

Rock' em Rocky legs, I say !!

Zella said...

P.S. oh yeah, I just recently bought red leather pants...shock & horror :)

rockygrace said...

Oh my God, Zella, I actually own some fishnets! I only wear them with long-length stuff, though. Kind of defeats the purpose, but it makes me feel like a rebel. (I'm pathetic, aren't I?)

Yeah, I don't give a rat's ass, to some extent, but I work in a fairly conservative industry and I've worked hard to be taken seriously. I don't want a bad wardrobe decision to muck that up ... I mean, if I wore some of the stuff that the more "out-there" style bloggers wear ... well, that's just not me anyway. I don't wanna look like I'm about to climb out of a clown car. :)

But I'll bet those red leather pants are AWESOME. Rock on!

Domestic Kate said...

I agree with Zella--it's about your own comfort. But in general, I think short skirts with tights are perfectly acceptable for anybody.