Thursday, January 10, 2013

Because apparently I can't let anything go

Okay, first off, scroll down to the previous post to get caught up with the Great Catnip Toy Debacle of 2013.

Now!  Here's an email I received this morning from the FC, in a continuing conversation from the previous emails.

"Unfortanetly, not everyone realizes that they should cut it off and in this sue happy world, we can't be too careful."

Okay, I'm not even going to get INTO the whole "Unfortanetly" thing.  (It actually took me several tries to even RECREATE that spelling, so let's hear it for language creativity!  And God knows I've been known to misspell a word or two, although rarely in so spectacular a fashion.)
Here is my reply:

"Gee, that's too bad. I liked making those toys. Even if I stopped putting the ribbon on them, someone could say that a cat could rip open a toy and choke on the stuffing.


I guess we'd better stop selling the yarn spider toys, too - I mean, there's a choking/strangulation possibility right there. And we'd better stop putting blankets in the crates at adoption events - after all, a cat could suffocate under one of them. And forget about the bake sales - talk about a choking hazard!

I wonder how PetSmart gets away with selling all of those toys with ribbons/jingle bells/elastic pull-strings on them? Oh yeah - they probably tell people that if they're worried about a toy, they shouldn't buy it."



Harsh?  You betcha.

Burning bridges is my specialty.



2 comments:

Holly said...

Right on. Babyproofing the world pisses me right off.

rockygrace said...

Glad you agree, Holly!

If you let idiots steer your ship, it's gonna be a long voyage.