Saturday, January 05, 2013

Christmas Shopping. In January. Thanks to the United States Postal Service

Yep, I spent today Christmas shopping.  And wrapping presents.  And getting them boxed up and ready to ship.

All thanks to the United States Postal Service, into whose trust I placed a package for delivery.

On December 11.  Of last year.

According to the tracking number, it left a processing facility in Dallas on December 18.  After that ... well, it's anybody's guess, really.  MY guess is the old proverbial "fell off a truck" scenario, but it's hard tellin', seeing as how when I call the United States Postal Service customer service line, each and every day, they tell me, optimistically, to "try back tomorrow."

Emailing?  Oh yeah,  I tried emailing.  I'm still waiting for a response to the email I sent on December 27.

Dear United States Postal Service:  F*ck you.

When this next package goes out, on Monday?  It's UPS all the way, baby.   I am done and done with the United  States Postal  Service.  A**h*les.




p.s.  It's actually kind of FUN to shop for Christmas presents in January.  Shhhh.  Don't tell anybody.

2 comments:

Domestic Kate said...

I'm sure it's much less stressful shopping in January (although not less stressful having to deal with lost packages). I pretty much hate USPS, but unfortunately the post office is much more convenient for me where I live than the UPS stores.

rockygrace said...

Ha, Kate, the local UPS facility is opem very limited hours and is in a poorly-lit, scary industrial area. Convenient!