Saturday, January 05, 2013

Christmas Shopping. In January. Thanks to the United States Postal Service

Yep, I spent today Christmas shopping.  And wrapping presents.  And getting them boxed up and ready to ship.

All thanks to the United States Postal Service, into whose trust I placed a package for delivery.

On December 11.  Of last year.

According to the tracking number, it left a processing facility in Dallas on December 18.  After that ... well, it's anybody's guess, really.  MY guess is the old proverbial "fell off a truck" scenario, but it's hard tellin', seeing as how when I call the United States Postal Service customer service line, each and every day, they tell me, optimistically, to "try back tomorrow."

Emailing?  Oh yeah,  I tried emailing.  I'm still waiting for a response to the email I sent on December 27.

Dear United States Postal Service:  F*ck you.

When this next package goes out, on Monday?  It's UPS all the way, baby.   I am done and done with the United  States Postal  Service.  A**h*les.

p.s.  It's actually kind of FUN to shop for Christmas presents in January.  Shhhh.  Don't tell anybody.


Domestic Kate said...

I'm sure it's much less stressful shopping in January (although not less stressful having to deal with lost packages). I pretty much hate USPS, but unfortunately the post office is much more convenient for me where I live than the UPS stores.

rockygrace said...

Ha, Kate, the local UPS facility is opem very limited hours and is in a poorly-lit, scary industrial area. Convenient!