Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Ten

Running the numbers: Number of cigarettes I would have smoked between April 3 and today, had I not stopped on that date: 9,000. *whew*


Amount of money saved: $1,605.00.

After going bowling (I KNOW) last Saturday, we stopped by the local bar that had sponsored the outing. And let me tell you, that was one smoke-filled bar.

I was not tempted.

I still want to smoke sometimes, especially when I'm stressed out, but now when I look at a smoky room I just think, "what was I doing to my lungs?" And smoke just smells chemical-ly now, not good. Oh, and I spent this morning taking dictation and listening to my boss (a smoker) cough. and cough. and cough. And then he'd light a cigarette.

I'm done. I've made it ten months, I can make it the rest of my life.

I can do it. I AM doing it.

7 comments:

inflammatory writ said...

It will be a year for me this month! A FUCKING YEAR. Holy crap! You're better than me though in that you didn't cheat at all. You = rock star.

Anonymous said...

Holla! That's great. It's interesting that this post follows the 30-Day Shred post below. I know that when I'm really dedicated to taking care of myself (exercise, diet, etc.), I floss more. You're not smoking, and now you're exercising (and I bet you're doing a lot more to really take care of yourself). Doing one good thing for yourself tends to lead to more good things. Just keep it up!

Fish Food said...

Hurrah! Ten months is brilliant!

If you lived here you would have saved about £1,800 (have to say that's based on what I used to smoke!), which is $2,852 (on today's conversion rate)

Fish Food said...

OK. Now I have to explain my arithmetic because it just looks like I did nothing but sit and smoke. Not true... it's based on one pack a day @ £6 a pack for 10 months.

Honest, I didn't just sit all day and smoke.

rockygrace said...

Thanks for the kind words, everybody!

Inflammatory, did you ever think you'd make it a year when you first quit? Because I sure as shit didn't think I'd make ten months!

Kate, I probably would have keeled over from lack of oxygen if I had attempted the shred while I was still smoking. (btw, three days shred in a row now!)

and Fish, I used to smoke more than you. So there! :)

Connie said...

Great job! look at all that money you've saved!

rockygrace said...

Good to see you, Connie!